Last year when I was let go from my job of 13 years, I searched and searched for a job for 5 whole months....boy was that the longest 5 months ever! I finally found a home at a real estate company where I was hired as an in house paralegal to prepare all their legal documentation. Is it odd to say that I fell in love with the people there? They welcomed with open arms and I worked my butt off to show them that I was worthy of a big fat raise, you know since I was hired at only half my previous salary. The status of the raise is NOTHING. First, I was told that my raise would be discussed in late December....nothing....then January....I am waiting! Well in the mean time I recieved a call two days ago from a recruiter that I had not talked to in over 2 years. She had a job possibility lined up for me, and I was prepared to say "thanks, but no thanks." That was, until I heard the name of the firm that was hiring.......I took the plunge and interviewed with them today........and YES I was offered the job! At double what I am making now plus some it seems too good to be true. Oh, and did I mention that they cover 100% health, eye and dental insurance? I think I forgot to mention that I will be able to start up my 401K again after deminishing all my savings to survive those long 5 months. Work hours are 8-5 Monday through Thursday and ....wait for it......only 9 to 2 on Fridays!.....well if that is not enough to convince myself that it is a good opportunity, get this, this firm caters lunch every Monday...whats up with that? Who cares, I am not complaining!
Whats my deal you ask? Well I am asking myself the same damn thing! I need to stop becoming attached to people so damn fast and stick to the fact that my family NEEDS this job. So tomorrow I will suck it up and give my notice...Wish me luck...I am not a quiter and I feel HORRIBLE!!
& I love you too | Scrapbook & Cards Winter 2022
3 years ago
1 comment:
Oh WOW!!! Congratulations girlie!! If it was my I'd chunk the deuce and be on my way! :)
Post a Comment