I have to admit that I do not like the Twilight books, or the movie. I tried, I really did....with all the hype I felt like I had to. Maybe it is that I am not much of a romantic...I don't know, the story just didn't catch me. Now, if you are wanting a less sappy love story with a mixture of vampires, you should give the Sookie Stackhouse books a gander. I was first turned on to them by the HBO series that aired last year TrueBlood. It sucked me in! The writer, Charlaine Harris, just captivates you from the start! It is a bit more gory, not too much....and a lot less sappy in the romance department compared to Twilight. I have read the first book and now I am finishing the second, and I have the third ready! You should check out the show on HBO, it is already into the second season, check it out!


No comments:
Post a Comment